Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2016
Ads by ForumAds

Author Topic: Daylily Seed Donation  (Read 1346 times)

Offline andriesb2008

• View Profile
Daylily Seed Donation
« on: May 19, 2008, 19:53:52 PM »
Good day Dries,
Thank you for your daylilies seeds donation and also your planting guidelines. I will keep you up to date and hopefully I will be able to share photos of these seeds with the group. I am busy increasing my daylily collection and I will appreciate all donations. Do we have varigated daylilies?
Thank you for your support in this matter and you can post your donations to P.O. Box 20413 Protea Park Rustenburg 0305 South Africa. 
Best daily regards.
Andries Bothma.

Offline Dries

• Driesesgarden
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.driesesgarden.co.za
Re: Daylily Seed Donation
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
I know Malanseuns have a variegated daylily called 'Zebra'. It is slow growing and hard to flower. I believe it has a yellow flower.
Regards
Dries Olivier
http://www.driesesgarden.co.za
Tel. 0832646230

Heinie

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Thanks for that info Dries. I will have to get one of those to compliment my current variegated plant desires.

Gardener Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Please consider a small donation to cover expenses.

Offline andriesb2008

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 21:40:18 PM »
Good day Dries,
I finally managed to track down the daylily seeds. It took my more than 3 hours to trace the seeds at PostNet and at one stage I thought that I have lost the seeds. My trips today include the following places.
1. Protea Park Post Office followed by
2. Mall PostNet followed by
3. Rustenburg Post Office followed by
4. Square PostNet.
From the above it is clear that I spend a lot of time in the queues but fortunetly I did not give up, but I kept on praying for pations and the stregth to continue with this treasure hunt.
Lesson for today:
Make sure you that you give the correct postal address.
Once again thank you for your seeds Dries. I plan to plant the seeds tomorrow and I will keep you up to date on the progress of these seeds.
Thought for today:
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods! -   Psalm 40:4 
Best daylily greetings.
Andries Bothma.