Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2016
Ads by ForumAds

Author Topic: What do you grow?  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Claus

• Master Gardener
    • View Profile
Re: What do you grow?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 00:54:17 AM »
Gunn

It is amasing what u grow in the Norwegian climate. I am originally from Denmmark but moved to Cape Town 8 years ago. Everything grows here you and you don't even have to plant it - things survive from season to season. We had a tomato plant appear out of a garage wall two years ago and because they do not die back over winter this year it grew even bigger and obviously it was happy in its very desolate spot. Unfortunately someone pulled it out one day - maybe a gradener who thought it was a weed - and we were just about to have the best crop of tomatoes ever. Otherwise Brinjal, broccoli, cauliflower, peas etc etc do very well here and they even over winter so the next year you have an even stronger plat. We had a chillibush that was providing us with chillis literally year roun - it had to go for the building of another rockery but hey so is life -survival of the fittest!!!!

Claus

Offline Luc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
Hi guys, I know I'm a little late to the party again but I thought I'd share my garden inventory as well.

Currently growing in my veggie patch I have:

Loose-leaf lettuce
Baby Spinach
Chinese Cabbage
Sugar-snap peas
Early wonder beetroots
Lisbon bunching onions
Cherry tomatoes
Cayenne Chillies
Jalapeno Chillies
Thai Dragon Chillies
Lemongrass
Ginger
Garlic
Galangal
Nasturtiums

In my Herb patch I have:

Rosemary
Thyme
Oreganum
Laurel Bay leaf
Flat-leaf parsley
Genovese Basil
Coriander
Fenugreek
Mustard
Sage
Chives
Fennel

I have some new seeds on their way and also some seeds I have saved to plant when the weather warms up a bit. Looking forward to Spring - Can't wait to plant the new introductions :)

"If I could spend all my living days in a garden, I surely would be in heaven!"

Offline Marco

• Gardener
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Hey Luc,

Post some pics of your vegie patch! I would like to see what others do. I have a few patches but I must say my success is low :( I just finished my DIY tunnel (11m x 5.5m) so I should get lots of vegies in there he he. Currently I have some red onions, radish, peas and coliflower growing (slowly due to the winter). Soon I will start sowing in the tunnel and the other patches.

Also going to try the chillies. Man so much to grow and so little time!!!

Take care!

Gardener Forum

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Please consider a small donation to cover expenses.

Offline Luc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
Hey Marco

I will post some pics as soon as I can. I know what you mean by so much to grow so little time. Well in my case it's also so much to grow so little space :(

I am a Chilli fanatic! With my 3 Chilli varieties I'm currently growing, I also have some Nigerian Rodo Chillies and Pepperdews germinating, as well as some Peruvian Aji Lemon Chillies, Malawian Paprika Peppers and some Ethiopian Brown Chilli seeds on their way in the post. Can't wait. Also looking to get hold of some African Birdseye's too.

Keep me updated on how your tunnel does. I'm sure you will get some great harvests out of it.
"If I could spend all my living days in a garden, I surely would be in heaven!"

Offline abby

• Platinum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
 :woohoo: Luc

Glad to see you bumping up some of the older posts - there is some valuable information that is good to re read  :good:
Never regret anything that made you smile.