Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2016
Ads by ForumAds

Author Topic: Echinopsis pachanoi  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Michael

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Echinopsis pachanoi
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 18:08:07 PM »
Michael

Looks like a nice collection of cacti you have there and the grafted pups are looking really cool. Where do you source your cacti and succulents - I haven't yet explored the South Coast area for plants.
Thank you Claus!
My eyes are always open for new plants, but there's not much available around here, not compared to your neck of the woods, anyway. Mostly I trade with friends.

Offline fouquieria

• Gardener
    • View Profile
Re: Echinopsis pachanoi
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 19:35:11 PM »
I think Ron has a few years start on your  Echinopsis pachanoi. How old is it 

Abby I don't really know how old this particular patch is.  These plants are common in gardens around here.  I've got 3-4 patchs around the yard here.  Sometimes when one falls over I'll take it and plant it somewhere else.  If you let the cut heal over for a week and then just support the cactus on the soil WITHOUT BURYING it, it roots easily.  If you bury it to get support, it will definitely rot.

As far as blooming, some years they don't bloom at all, some years only a few blooms, and some years heavily.  This was from a heavy bloom cycle and the strange thing is that all of my plants will bloom heavily, not just one...when this happens.

-Ron-
Please click my Inspired button:
http://yardshare.com/myyard.php?yard_id=384