Premium Advert
Plant Expo 2016
Ads by ForumAds

Author Topic: Hail Netting and Plastic Liners/sheeting  (Read 918 times)

Offline Doret

• Master Gardener
    • View Profile
Hail Netting and Plastic Liners/sheeting
« on: March 06, 2010, 13:49:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,

any idea where might look for hail netting?  As I need a lot of it.  I want to cover the whole back yard as I want to keep my exotic ducks in my garden.  But there are too many cats and birds of prey to keep it open. 

Another thing I am looking for is THICK plastic sheeting that I want to use for building the dams  for my ducks as the earth is moving constantly and to build a pond from concrete is just to terrorise your self.  I don't know what to call it in English but people that grow vineyards use these plastic to lining the resevoir dams.  (grond damme) but I can't buy 1000 s of meters as its too much plus I don't have wine to sell to pay for it.

I really hope someone will be able to help me. 

Greetings
Doret

Offline Doug

• Pro Gardener
    • View Profile
Re: Hail Netting and Plastic Liners/sheeting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 20:08:22 PM »
Any Hardware store. Ask for the plastic builders use for damp coarse under concrete. You get various thicknesses and can buy it buy the meter. I once used it for a fish pond and it works very well.
Any place that sells shade cloth will provide you with hail netting. I use a very light white shade cloth (about only 10% shade) over my Hydroponics. Everything grows under it and it will stop any hail. look in your Yellow Pages under shadecloth.

Offline Herma

• Platinum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 14:26:09 PM »
Doret, Pupkewitz in Windhoek has the dampcourse plastic. Megashade or Shade Centre (shadenet installers) should be able to help you with hail netting, or ask at the 2 big nurseries.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Gardener Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 14:26:09 PM »
Please consider a small donation to cover expenses.